View Single Post
Old 07-09-2008, 02:28 PM

About:
tulpen is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by PITU View Post
If you go to the HP website and make sure that the drivers for the model laptop are available for Windows XP, then you should be just fine. This is crucial! Do not install XP only to find that there are no drivers available. Just search for "DV6575us drivers for Windows XP" on the HP site. If there are sound, wireless, graphics card, and other drivers free to download for your HP laptop, then I would download all of them, burn them onto a disc, install XP, and then once XP is on, load the drivers from the disc and install them. Unfortunately, if there are no drivers available, then XP cannot be used on the computer.
I would not be so sure of that. I bought an HP Pavillion dv6000, which, according to the HP website has loads of XP drivers available for it, only none of the actually end up working for the computer. I spent over 3 hours on tech support chat with HP downloading countless drivers for XP they were sending my way, only to conclude that my computer must be "Windows XP incompatible"