View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 02:58 PM

About:
smachari is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by smachari View Post
Sir,
Sorry, I was buzy in the morning to reply. Yesterday as per your instructions I was successful in loading the SATA drivers and installing Windows XP. But I failed in the last step. I inserted the Vista Recovery DVD but unfortunately it didn't provide any of the above mentioned options viz. Start up recovery, system restore....Command prompt, etc. It showed me the current system as Windows Vista. Then it asked me whether I want to proceed with the recovery. When I pressed Next...to my surprise it started formatting the HDD. I was afraid and I immediately shut down the Laptop or else I would have lost all my settings and installed programs. In my opinion the Recovery CD what I have will not be usable. Later I restarted the Laptop and aghast I found the famous error "BootMGR file not found, Press ctrl+alt+del to restart".

I am stuck here and don't know what to do now. Today I made a research on the net to find a file named "Vista_Recovery_Disc.iso.torrent". The site said, I can use this at my risk. It says it is a recovery tool for Vista users who doesn't have an installation CD.

Should I proceed with this file or is there any other alternative left for me now? I was really happy last night and thought I almost succeeded but then all my happiness was converted. Really couldn't sleep last night of worries.

Sir, is there any solution left?
Regards,

Santosh
Sir,

This is to inform you that I've successfully installed dual boot on my Vista PC with Windows XP SP2. I am planning to use Vista as the main OS since I've already started being addicted to it whereas I will install the softwares in XP only which I couldn't operate through Vista.

But the tradegy on my part was, I lost all my data inspite of warnings from your end. I admit and accept it was my overconfidence, haste & negligence. Some of the data I have with me in my Office PC so I can still manage but I lost some valuable Technical data. It was my mistake to use Recovery DVD which formatted the HDD instead of Repairing it. Its my suggestion to others too, not to repeat what I had committed.

I sincerely Thank Wilson William & Team and this website for offering me this great help to overcome my hindrances. I request you people to wish good luck to me for which I have taken so much trouble for a fruitful purpose.

My final query to you would be of a dll file named msnetobj.dll which did not copy from my XP CD to the PC. There was an option to skip it and I did the same. But at the same time there was a warning if I continued my XP installation wouldn't function properly. But after installing and re-booting several times I didn't face any problems except that I am getting only ONE icon of Recycle Bin on my XP Desktop compared to Vista Desktop which is normal. If this can be ignored, I would continue as it is or do I have to once again try installing XP.

Do reply as per convenience.

Best Regards & Thanks Once Again,
Santosh