View Single Post
Old 07-06-2008, 08:12 AM

About:
smachari is on a distinguished road

Sir,
Sorry, I was buzy in the morning to reply. Yesterday as per your instructions I was successful in loading the SATA drivers and installing Windows XP. But I failed in the last step. I inserted the Vista Recovery DVD but unfortunately it didn't provide any of the above mentioned options viz. Start up recovery, system restore....Command prompt, etc. It showed me the current system as Windows Vista. Then it asked me whether I want to proceed with the recovery. When I pressed Next...to my surprise it started formatting the HDD. I was afraid and I immediately shut down the Laptop or else I would have lost all my settings and installed programs. In my opinion the Recovery CD what I have will not be usable. Later I restarted the Laptop and aghast I found the famous error "BootMGR file not found, Press ctrl+alt+del to restart".

I am stuck here and don't know what to do now. Today I made a research on the net to find a file named "Vista_Recovery_Disc.iso.torrent". The site said, I can use this at my risk. It says it is a recovery tool for Vista users who doesn't have an installation CD.

Should I proceed with this file or is there any other alternative left for me now? I was really happy last night and thought I almost succeeded but then all my happiness was converted. Really couldn't sleep last night of worries.

Sir, is there any solution left?
Regards,

Santosh