View Single Post
Old 07-05-2008, 09:58 AM

About:
sreejmen is on a distinguished road

[QUOTE=smachari;11660]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sreejmen View Post

I read the problem with my SATA Controller and downloaded a file viz. iata82_enu.exe of Macrovision Corporation. Firstly I wanted to know whether this is the correct file for my configuration? Secondly, how is the usage?

Now, my worry is only for the SATA controller driver installation and the rest is understood by me. I have not clearly understood the method of using the SATA drivers. I would be grateful to you if you reply me with steps since I am an amateur user in harware maintenence but an expert in Autocad and computer applications. The above whatever I have written to you is my knowledge and experience.

Sir, please bear with me and finally provide the solutions step by step only regarding my problems. For the rest, I shall follow Willam Wilson's Tutorial.

Best Regards & Thanks
Santosh

Santosh, I'm really sorry because my net was damn slow since 3-4 days. Still it is slow.

First you make sure that you got the correct SATA drivers downloaded from concerned either your motherboard or pc manufacturer. You may find details on how to install drivers while installing XP. I never did this and so I am not sure. I think you've to extract the ata82_enu.exe to a CD. Reboot the computer with windows XP installation CD in the drive. Press F6 at the first setup screen. Now insert the driver CD and press ENTER. The setup lists the available drivers. Select the one that is suitable for your computer and press ENTER. Windows integrates the SATA driver and finds the hard disk in the next step. (The information about installing SATA driers were taken from CHIP India Magazine May 2008 issue (HANDS ON TIPS & TRICKS).

If you've valuable information on your hard disk, take a backup and then start to work with dual boot. Manytimes I've formatted my hard disk with the recovery CD. So please make sure about your data. Once you made the backup, then you can play with the tips available in forums.