View Single Post
Old 03-02-2008, 08:34 PM

About:
benzaloy is on a distinguished road

Default Intrusion by Virus Heat

and Please help me. I have a peculiar problem. A website has come into my laptop. It is seated in the tray of 'task bar' next to the clock.
It is calls itself Virus Heat, and refuses to go away. Yesterday the problem began. I went into 'Task Manager' and found its name listed. Highlighted it and clicked 'end process'. The problem was over.
But this morning it came in all of a sudden and is blinking in my alternately showing a red shield with white 'x' sign and blue shield with a '?' mark.
It looks as if it is compelling me to buy their product.
As for me, I will NOT give in even if my laptop is rendered
useless.
When I tried to delete it, this morning, the way I did yesterday, I do not see the name listed in the Task Manager.
I have given a few of the details, below, together with the url.
Could you please tell me how to get rid of this or to whom to report this intrusion.
I am very worried over this . . . please help me,
ben aloysius
=========================================
Details referred to:

Virus Heat anti-spyware protection
Special offer $49.95
Free Scan

VirusHeat :: Company

Our products and services are used by millions of people, with registered customers in over 150 countries. Our products are actively used by individual users, small businesses, non-profit and community organizations, educational institutions, government agencies, right through to a number of the worlds leading Fortune 500 companies
===============================================