View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 04:15 PM

About:
biohazard_1985 is on a distinguished road

trouble install 2 OS on 2 different drives??????

Alright, this one has been bugging me for the last week now....im currently running XP and i have the new "Vista Ultimate".i keep switching back and fourth between them (like within a 3 week time spand)cause i like the new features that vista has (3D flip, glass looking windows, etc...oh, and it never crashes on me like XP would on countless times)anyway...i use XP for my games (im a gamer) and vista doesn't really support the games i play, or they do, they just don't run like their supposed to in XP, ya know, its just not the same....anyway, i was thinkin that if theres a way to have "2 OS installed on 2 different hard drives".I mean like on "2 sata drives"???? if thats possible.....cause this is my rig

AMD Athlon 64 3400+ (2.01 ghz)
ASUS nForce 4 A8N-SLI
Kingston 1gb RAM
BFG tech 7950gt 512mb
Seagate 80gb sata (primary)
Seagate 80gb IDE (its old though)

In the past(before i got the sata drive listed above) XP would constantly crash(like within a 2-3 week time spand) and eventually disabled my IDE drive(listed above) I can still use it as a storage drive but everytime i go to install an OS on it, it says "ERROR LOADING OPERATING SYSTEM" each time it boots up.but my sata drive kicksass though,lol, everytime XP crashed, The sata drive was still in good condition.SO, when iv'e been runnin vista, everything works, no crashes, no nothin....(it could just be a faulty motherboard, idk, all i know is that it doesn't crash anymore when im runnin vista) it would only crash on XP when im on the internet, or thats what i figured out so far.........

SO, is there a way to use "2 sata drives" with "2 different OS on them????if so please help dudes,lol....i can use that whole partition thing, but i fear that it will only slow down the Hard drive performance ya know what i mean My plan is to have "vista" on one(for music and my everyday stuff, ya know) and "XP" for my games.....so any info on that would really help out alot... thanks